Vegan cranberry dark chocolate chip cookies are the perfect crowd-pleaser treat! One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s so easy - you only need one bowl and about 20mins from start to finish.
They’re amazing to gift/bribe your friends and family or even co-workers, and because they’re vegan and nut-free you should be able to feed most people without worrying about dietary requirements. They’re also pretty festive with their delicious cranberries and a slight hint of cinnamon and make an amazing Christmas gift idea.
This recipe uses dried cranberries and dark chocolate chips for a truly rich and decadent cookie. The cookie is eggless and uses dairy-free butter to make them plant-based vegan cookies. Enjoy these delicious cookies with a nice glass of almond milk or even with a cup of tea or coffee.
✏️ Making a tasty and easy recipe
I love making vegan baking simple. I can be pretty lazy so when a recipe has a million ingredients and some pretty hard to find ones. That’s why I just adore this recipe for easy vegan cookies – only a handful of easy ingredients!
Something about cranberries and cinnamon just makes me think of Christmas and The Holidays. These vegan cookies make such a great dairy-free Christmas biscuit – ideal for DIY Christmas gift-giving! Cookies are a great addition to any Christmas hamper.
This recipe is an adaptation of the classic chocolate chip vegan cookies by Domestic Gothess.
🥘 Ingredients notes
When measuring your ingredients, I always recommend using weights rather than cups where possible for greater accuracy. Accuracy is important for the amount of flour used for your cookies.
When baking these vegan cookies, be sure to use the solid type of vegan butter / baking block. If you use a liquid vegan oil or soft spread your cookies will be too runny and spread quite a lot.
It’s better to use room temperature ingredients for making your vegan cookies. This will help them mix together better for a smoother cookie without overmixing.
Using high-quality chocolate chips is always a top tip of mine, especially when it comes to non-dairy dark chocolate. I like to use Callebaut dark chocolate callets for my cookies.
🔪 Equipment notes
Weighing your ingredients is much more accurate than using cups and will give you better results.
Use measuring spoons for your teaspoon and tablespoon amounts where possible.
You can store your vegan cookies in an airtight container. They should keep for up to 4 days stored at room temperature.
💭 Top tips for success
- If you’d like to limit the spread of your cookie further or it’s quite warm where you are, refrigerate your balls of cookie dough for 15-30mins before baking. This will also help to give you a thicker cookie if that’s what you prefer!
- If you want your cookies to look extra pro, you can save 2-4 chocolate chips per cookie and add them to the top of your cookies as soon as you take them out of the oven. These will melt slightly onto the top of your vegan cookies and give them that professional finish.
If you’ve got any specific questions on making these dairy-free eggless cranberry dark chocolate chip cookies, please feel free to leave a comment below and I’ll try my best to help out!
♻️ Alternatives and substitutions
For an extra bit of Christmas in your cookie, you can add ½ teaspoon of orange extract to your cookie dough when you add the vanilla extract.
For a gluten-free option, swap the plain flour for a gluten-free flour blend. Be sure to check the rest of your ingredients for sneaky gluten or cross-contamination too though!
This recipe usually yields a pretty thin and crispy cookie, but if you’d like a more thick and chewy style you can add another ½ tablespoon of plain flour and ¼ teaspoon of baking powder to your vegan cookie dough. You can also refrigerate for 15-30mins before baking.
🧁 Other goodies
I definitely recommend that you whip up a batch of these easy vegan cranberry dark chocolate chip cookies! But as an avid home baker, I’m sure you’re asking yourself “what next?”.
If you’re a biscuit fanatic like I am, then you’ll love my recipe for passionfruit viennese biscuits – they’re so buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Looking forward to some new recipes? Check out my Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest pages for a few sneak peeks and some sweet inspiration! Or if you’d like to hear about our latest recipes, why not subscribe to our newsletter?
Vegan Cranberry Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rate this recipe here:
- ¼ cups (55 g) vegan butter (solid type)
- ½ cups (110 g) light brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dairy-free milk (e.g. soy or oat)
- ¾ cups (100 g) plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of ground cinnamon (optional)
- ⅓ cups (60 g) dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- ½ cups (60 g) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven: 180°C / 160°C (fan) / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy, then stir in the vanilla and milk.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder, add the cinnamon if using, and mix together until a smooth dough only just forms.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and dried cranberries until spread evenly through the dough, before dividing it evenly into 8 balls.
- Bake on a lined baking tray, spaced a few inches evenly apart, for 10-12mins. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Nutritional information is an estimate based on an online nutritional calculator, actual values may vary.