Treat yourself to these deliciously boozy Baileys Oreo brownies! So much gorgeously fudgy chocolate brownie, with that Oreo cookies and cream taste and the smooth kick of Bailey’s Irish Cream.
✏️ Recipe creation
These Baileys Oreo brownies are the perfect grown-up party pleaser, think everything from Superbowl snacks and Game Day treats to New Years Eve parties!
They also make an excellent DIY gift for Christmas and the Holidays!
It’s no secret that I’m a huge fan of an alcohol-infused bake. Just check out these boozy salted caramel whisky cupcakes and Irish cream cupcakes and you'll know what I mean!
These easy Baileys Oreo brownies are based on my favourite recipe for homemade chocolate brownies from scratch. The addition of the Irish cream in the recipe gives it a super smooth and creamy texture, making it just so tasty! In my opinion, it’s one of the best brownie combinations.
This Bailey's cookies n cream brownies recipe calls for the following ingredients:
- Butter: using unsalted lets you control the amount of salt.
- Dark semi-sweet chocolate: use cooking chocolate or melting wafers for ease of melting.
- White sugar: caster or finely ground granulated sugar
- Plain all-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: the baking type (e.g. dutch-processed) not the drinking kind.
- Bailey's Irish cream liqueur
See the recipe card for quantities.
Top tip: For accuracy, it’s best to weigh your ingredients rather than using cups.
You can swap the white sugar for golden caster sugar or light brown soft sugar.
Experiment with different flavour varieties of both Oreo cookies and Bailey's for some fun flavour combos!
Try topping your baileys brownies with this delicious Irish cream ganache for an extra chocolatey treat!
- Preheat oven: 180°C / 160°C (fan) / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate, either in the microwave (no more than 30secs at a time) or over a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- Beat the eggs and the sugar together until light and fluffy, then pour in the slightly cooled chocolate mix, stirring together until combined.
- Sieve in the plain flour and cocoa powder, gently folding into the mix until just smooth, before stirring in the Baileys, mixing till even throughout.
- Pour the brownie mix into a lined 8-inch square tin and spread evenly in the pan before breaking up the Oreos (roughly into quarters) and adding them on top, spacing evenly and pressing in slightly.
- Bake for 25-30mins until the brownie top is lightly cracked, with only a slight wobble in the middle. Allow the brownies to cool before cutting them into squares.
💭 Top tips
- Grease and line the brownie pan with parchment paper (greaseproof paper), leaving a small overhang over the sides to lift out easier after baking.
- For a soft fudgy brownie, it’s important not to overbake them. Take these boozy brownies out of the oven once they have a slightly cracked top and are still slightly wobbly in the middle.
- These Bailey's Oreo brownies will firm up as they cool to give that gooey chewy goodness. If they’re still not firm enough for your liking, you can pop them in the fridge to set further before serving.
❔ Recipe FAQs
Your Bailey's Oreo brownies should last for up to 1 week stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yes! You can freeze your Bailey's Oreo brownies wrapped in a layer of cling film and a layer of foil for up to 2 months. Defrost and enjoy!
🧁 Other goodies
Looking for some more tasty boozy treats? Check out my best Bailey's dessert ideas:
- Bailey's Irish cream no-bake cheesecake - has a delicious Bailey's chocolate ganache layer!
- Bailey's red velvet cheesecake brownies - perfect for date nights and Valentine's day!
- Bailey's Irish cream cupcakes - comes with a delicious helping of my best ever Bailey's buttercream!
- Irish cream chocolate ganache balls - a great crowd-pleaser or sweet gift.
- Bailey's chocolate ganache cake - an easy boozy layer cake!
- Chewy Bailey's blondies - a delicious boozy dessert bar!
Or why not check out these other delicious alcohol-infused desserts:
Looking forward to some new recipes? Check out my Youtube, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest pages for a few sneak peeks and some sweet inspiration!
Or if you’d like to hear about our latest recipes, why not subscribe to our newsletter?
Baileys Oreo Brownies
Rate this recipe here:
- ½ cups (125 g) unsalted butter
- ¾ cups (125 g) dark chocolate semi-sweet
- 2 eggs large
- 1 cups (185 g) white sugar finely granulated e.g. caster
- ½ cups (60 g) all-purpose plain flour
- ⅓ cups (30 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon (60 ml) Bailey's Irish cream
- ½ cups (80 g) Oreos roughly half a pack
- Preheat oven: 180°C / 160°C (fan) / Gas Mark 4 / 350°F
- In a heatproof bowl, melt the butter and dark chocolate either in the microwave (30secs at a time) or over a double boiler, stirring until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs and sugars. This should whip up to thick and creamy like a milkshake and can take roughly 3-8mins.
- Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse and then gently fold together.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the plain flour and cocoa powder, whisking together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, slowly folding in until only just combined.
- Gently stir in the Bailey's Irish cream until only just smooth.
- Pour the brownie batter into a greased and lined 8-inch square baking pan and gently smooth the top. Break up the Oreos (roughly into quarters) and press them lightly into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35mins, until papery and cracked on top, but with a slight wobble in the middle. Allow the brownie to cool in the tin before removing and cut into squares.
Nutritional information is an estimate based on an online nutritional calculator, actual values may vary.
Leave a Reply